This is one of our designs we use on a daily basis, and has a few really neat features. In fact, the desk workstation hasn’t seen any solder in quite some time. It’s so much easier to bring the soldering iron to your project instead of piling one more PCB on your cluttered workbench. We originally designed this to be our field soldering kit but it has since become our goto for the home, office, and on the run. It has a place for everything you need and you’ll make quick work of your next project.
One nice design feature that stands out is the hinge and front latch. Both use standard Allen wenches involved in our hobby. The infamous 1.5mm, the misplaced 2mm, and the ever present when you don’t need it…..2.5mm. The back hinge stows the 2mm and 2.5mm, and the front latch is locked using the 1.5mm. The 1.5mm is also the same wrench used for your iron when changing tips.
Key features of the case:
- The case hinge and front locking tab is made using common allen wrench’s
- Securely holds your ts-100 iron for storage
- Securely holds 2 extra iron tips and tip screws(not included)
- Place holder for full size tweezers(not included)
- Place holder for small glass vial (vial IS included). We like our liquid acid flux and having it in the case was a must. Feel free to stash your coke there instead 🙂
- Place holder for a tip sponge (sponge not included)
- Place holder for tip tinner/cleaner. (not included)
- Two mounted solder wheels (we choose to use the small wheel for “soldering wick”)
- Integrated iron stand so you don’t burn yourself or the table.
- Integrated helping hands for xt30 accessories (xt30 alligator clips not included)
- Place holder for our optional Power Module Accessory(use this space for a battery if you don’t want the module)
Basic Case Includes:
- Blank top lid
- Blank bottom lid
- Large solder wheel (empty)
- Small solder wheel (empty)
- Folding helping hand mounts(xt30 clips not included)
- Folding Iron stand
- Folding glass vial holder
- All three allen wrenches (1.5m,2mm,2.5mm)
- M3 screws for wheel mounts / folding arms
The power adapter module stows perfectly and provides the 2.5 x 5.5mm (why couldn’t they just make it a 2.1mm???) jack on a 3 foot cable. The base has a few different power options to keep your iron hot.Don’t get stranded trying to solder your mini quad when you only have JST batteries on Hand…..
Have you forgotten your charge adapter for your 2.1mm goggle battery? Don’t worry. You can use the power module as an octopus type cable. (2 amps max power). If you’re not using the iron, you can plug your goggle battery into one of the 2.1mm jack and convert that over to an xt60 for your charger. Or just plug any battery into it for a quick voltage check.
- 1 – 2.5 x 5.5mm jack and cable
- 1 – female jst
- 1 – female 2.1 x 5.5mm
- 1 – male 2.1 x 5.5mm
- 1 – female xt60
- 1 – male xt60
- LCD voltage readout